Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
The Local Offer sets out the provision which is available for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), aged 0 to 25, including education, health and social care services.
Downsway School's Local Offer can be found here.
West Berkshire's Local Offer can be found here.
Our Inclusion Manager is Mr Edwards and he can be contacted via e-mail and telephone.
Phone: 0118 9421362
We have received the following feedback from parents/carers who have a child on the SEND register at Downsway Primary School.
- We strongly believe that Downsway is very caring and supportive towards our child and are doing their best to put things in place at school that will benefit my child's specific needs. You are doing a brilliant job – a big thank you.
- The teachers and SENCo are always willing to listen to our concerns and suggestions and make suggestions to help our child. We believe they do have the interests of our child and all children at heart of what they do. They are very much appreciated. Thank you.
- The school has always been very supportive providing my child with the support he needs.
- The school has been very supportive and helpful with my child and I am truly grateful. He is doing well.
- Very happy with the support my child is receiving at school and keeps me updated regularly with the learning he is achieving.