We believe uniform is not only practical but also gives the children a sense of identity and belonging to our school. Our school uniform comprises the colours of green and purple on a grey or white base. Please ensure that all clothing is marked with your child’s name.
Jewellery is neither practical nor safe for school wear, and must be kept to a minimum. Plain earring studs and a watch are acceptable, but earrings must be removed by the child for P.E.
If your child brings personal items to school they are responsible for these items.
We are fortunate at Downsway Primary that parents/carers do not have to buy branded uniform. All our branded uniform is optional, and not compulsory, which enables parents to purchase school uniform without our logo on from local supermarkets and high street stores. Branded uniform with our logo on, can be purchased from Michael Hope - www.michaelhope.co.uk . Friends of Downsway also sell pre-loved, second hand uniform.
For more information our school uniform policy can be found by clicking on the "About Us" tab, and then clicking on "Policies".
- Purple or green sweatshirt or cardigan
- White shirt/blouse or white or purple polo shirt
- Grey knee length skirt or culottes or pinafore (no more than 8cms above knee) or tailored grey trousers with grey socks or grey tights
- Purple/white or green/white checked dress/shorts (gingham style) with white socks
- Grey tailored knee length shorts with grey socks
- Purple or green zip fleece - optional
- Reversible Green Waterproof Jacket - optional
- Black Shoes (not trainers or canvas) or Closed Toe Summer Sandals
- Black Shorts
- White T-shirt
- Plimsoles (indoor)
- Trainers (outdoor)
- Black tracksuit/jogging bottoms (outdoor in colder weather)
- PE drawstring bag
- Bookbag with logo