Governor’s Strategic Vision
Governors’ 5-year Strategic Plan
One of the key functions of the Governing Board is to set the strategic direction for Downsway School and to undertake long term development planning for the future. We originally devised a 5-year strategic plan in 2016 after consulting with staff, children and parents. The plan was revisited in 2018/19, during which we revised our key goals. Having made good progress with our original 5-year plan, we have taken this a step further and devised this new 5-year rolling plan which has three goals.
Our goals are:
- To provide excellent teaching and learning for all.
- To be recognised as the school of choice for our local community.
- To provide effective governance as a lever for school improvement.
We believe that this will be achieved by earning a reputation for excellence in everything which we do. This means:
- excellent educational outcomes for our children both academically and socially;
- a broad and balanced curriculum which is exciting and engaging and meets the needs of our children;
- positive relationships with our parents who are engaged and support their children in all aspects of their learning;
- recruiting, retaining and developing the best classroom practitioners and school leaders, and
- visionary leadership and governance.
The Governing Board